Drumroll please … We’re proud to announce this year’s Guardians of Trust winners honoring the hard work and dedication of cybersecurity professionals from leading global organizations.
The Guardians of Trust Awards recognize outstanding individuals and teams that are leading the industry in proactively pursuing excellence not just in security, but also in trust. In today’s digital world, getting to trust is difficult and often goes unrecognized.
Synack launched the Guardians of Trust Awards in 2019 to recognize those unsung professionals that go above and beyond to protect consumers, stakeholders, and brands. In the spirit of crowdsourcing, nominations were sourced from our most respected community members and trusted security teams across all industries. Winners were chosen by Synack’s Guardians of Trust Awards Committee with comprehensive expertise in leading security organizations and building trusted brands.
2021 Synack Trust Report
This year’s winners have demonstrated courage and that they protect their customer first, display innovation in cybersecurity practices, and represent excellence in the protection of their brands, and never settle for the status quo.
We’re excited to announce this year’s stellar line-up of winners and had a blast celebrating their win during our virtual awards celebration earlier this month over champagne and caviar.
The 2021 Guardians of Trust Award Winners include:
- Most Trusted CISO: Betsy Wille, Abbott
- Most Trusted CISO: Mike Baker, GDIT
- Most Trusted Pioneer CISO: Jason Lewkowicz, Cognizant
- Most Trusted Pioneer CISO: Daniel Hooper, Varo Money
- Most Trusted Security Team North America: Domino’s
- Most Trusted Security Team North America: Abacus Insights
- Most Trusted Security Team, EMEA: bp
- Most Trusted Security Team, EMEA: Freshfields Bruckhaus Deringer
- Most Trusted Security Team, EMEA: RSA Insurance Group
- Most Trusted Solution Partner: Azure Security Modernization, Microsoft
- Most Trusted Partner, EMEA: Ignition Technology
- Most Trusted Partner, North America: Trace3
- Most Trusted Federal Consulting Partner: Accenture Federal Services
- Most Trusted Hacker: Özgür Alp, Synack Red Team
For our Guardians of Trust winners, security is not an afterthought, critical especially in today’s ever-changing digital landscape. Sharing how they build trust, our Most Trusted CISO winner, Michael Baker shares, “Trust is a central ethos for GDIT; in fact it is one of our four core values along with transparency, honesty, and alignment. Building trust across our customers, our employees, and our cyber teams is vital to my role as CISO,” said Michael Baker, Chief Information Security Officer for General Dynamics Information Technology.
These awards advance the industry’s awareness about the importance of security in brand value by recognizing the security leaders who exhibit excellence in their everyday work. For all of the winners, trust has become an essential tenet in their roles as security professionals. It’s ingrained into how they do their jobs and also how they communicate the importance of security across their organization, along with the efficiency of utilizing internal resources for competitive advantage.
Congratulations to all of the 2021 Guardians of Trust!