Security Operations Center Lead
At Synack, we create technology that unleashes the best cybersecurity talent to secure our digital world.
We protect leading global organizations by reducing companies’ security risk and increasing their resistance to cyber attack. How do we do this? By utilizing the world’s best and most trusted team of ethical hackers who test through our powerful and controlled platform to deliver real security without compromise.
Backed by top-tier venture capital firms including Kleiner Perkins Caufield & Byers, Microsoft, and Google Ventures, Synack's mission is to leverage global security talent coupled with advanced technology to help enterprises discover security vulnerabilities before they become business problems. Discover the possibilities at Synack!
We are looking for a talented Security Operations Center Lead with expertise in hands-on analysis and response of security events. You will work with Customer Operations teams to proactively detect, analyze, and provide technical response to security events caused by testing activities and collaborate with the Engineering teams to ensure proper software support, monitoring, and security policies throughout the software development lifecycle as we adopt more DevSecOps practices. We understand this is a complex role and do not expect all candidates to possess knowledge of every tool we use--but we do expect the motivation and ability to learn/adapt/overcome challenges with a winning attitude. Sounds interesting? Keep reading…
If you want to be challenged and thrive in a fast-paced, agile environment and love wearing multiple hats, you’ll enjoy this role!
Please note: This is a remote based position in the US.
Here’s what you'll do
- Provide technical and operational leadership across security operations team
- Assist in defining security requirements and manage security responsibilities across multiple security tools
- Analyze security event data across multiple tools and information systems to identify anomalies and indicators of compromise
- Maintain and tune Security Information and Event Management (SIEM) system
- Ensure strict adherence of response times of security events
- Investigate, triage, and respond to security events and incidents
- Serve as Incident Response Commander, leading incident response teams and coordinating across multiple stakeholders
- Assist in the development of Key Performance Indicators and provide Metrics across various security operation functions
- Develop and maintain Incident Response Plan, Playbooks, Processes and Procedures
- Work across Security Operations elements to ensure adherence to organizational cybersecurity standards
Here's what you'll need
- 6+ years of experience working in a Security Operations Center
- Experience with security event monitoring and alerting tools such as Azure Sentinel, GCP Security Command Center, and Splunk
- In-depth knowledge of attacker tradecraft to proactively detect potential cybersecurity events and provide rapidly response
- Experience in managing Endpoint Detection and Response (EDR) Tools and Cloud Native Application Protection Platforms (CNAPP)
- Experience automating tasks with advanced scripting skills and leveraging Security Orchestration, Automation, and Response (SOAR) tools
- Understanding security in a systems environment (What does a kernel-based rootkit look like?)
- A technical degree in Cybersecurity, Computer Science or Software Engineering.
- Technical Certifications in cybersecurity
Ready to join us?
Synack is committed to embracing diversity. Our people are our strength. Each addition to our team is an opportunity to grow and diversify our ideas, experiences, and viewpoints. We strive to be inclusive of Race, Ethnicity, Religion, Sex, LGBTQ+, Veterans, Disabilities, and Age. Synack welcomes you!
($115,000 to $185,000) Salary is determined by a combination of factors including location, level, relevant experience, and skills. The range displayed on each job posting reflects the minimum and maximum target for new hire salaries for the position across all US locations. The compensation package for this position may also include equity, and benefits.
For more details about our benefits, please see here. Then for the Employer code, enter: synack